I’m so excited to be joining the wonderful women at Magic & Mayhem! My name is Amanda Carlson. I’m from Minnesota & I’ll be chiming in on Fridays. My first novel, FULL BLOODED, debuts in September 2012. My novella, BLOODED, is available now digitally in all formats. (And, as an extra bonus, you get the first chapter of FULL BLOODED as a sneak peak.)
Jessica McClain was born the only female in an all male race. The only problem is – she’s no wolf. Called a curse, a witch and the Daughter of Evil by the superstitious wolves, Jessica decides to fight for her freedom, at age nineteen, the only way she can – in the ring.
When she’s brutally attacked right after her fight, is it enough to finally earn her freedom off Compound, or will she be forced to endure the hatred even longer . . .
It’s available in all digital formats NOW!!! Reviews are out on goodreads. Click the link to take you there.
10 Things About Me:
10. I have three kids, two girls and a boy. Boy is in the middle and I’m glad he separates the cat fight.
9. Went to high school with my husband, but didn’t meet him until 6 years after high school.
8. Spent my eighth grade year in Hawaii. My father is an architect, so we spent a glorious year there.
7. I love Bomb Pops. (Sometimes referred to as Rocket Pops.)
6. I have an unhealthy addiction to playing Scrabble. Once I found the facebook app, it was all over. Now I subject family and friends to an ass-whooping on a daily basis.
5. I prefer the movie Hell Boy to The English Patient.
4. I love to laugh. It’s my favorite thing in the world to do. A good belly laugh cures most of my everyday ails.
3. After saying no to pets for 15 years, I caved and we bought a rabbit. It’s a house bunny named Rosie and I’m in love.
2. I live in Minnesota, but I hate winters. My husband and I have an agreement to travel after the kids graduate. We pinky-swore 18 years ago, and it’s still binding. I’m counting down the days.
1. I love to write kickass urban fantasy! I fell in love with this genre and I can’t imagine writing anything else.
If you have a topic you’d love to hear about from me, feel free to leave it in the comments below. I have a “query help” tab on my website and do a workshop on voice. Or maybe you just want to talk books? Or movies? Or tropical beaches?
I’ll be back next week! Thanks for stopping by.